Afrika-Verein (German-African Business Association) and GAA – German Agribusiness Alliance are pleased to invite you to the
9th German-African Agribusiness Forum
The Path to Food Sovereignty – Sustainable and Resilient Agriculture for Africa
on January 23rd, 2023,
live event at Hotel Novotel Berlin am Tiergarten
(Straße des 17. Juni 106-108, 10623 Berlin, Germany)
The following African Ministers, State Ministers and high-ranking speakers have confirmed their attendance:
- Hon. Melaku Alebel, Minister of Industry of Ethiopia
- Hon. Mamoudou Nagnalen Barry, Minister of Agriculture and Livestock of Guinea
- Hon. Samuel Kawale, Minister of Agriculture of Malawi
- Hon. Dr Abubakr Omar Albushra Ahmed, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry of Sudan
- Hon. Dr Meles Mekonen Yimer, State Minister for Agriculture and Horticulture Development, Ministry of Agriculture of Ethiopia
- Ophelia Nick (MdB), Parliamentary State Secretary, Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL)
The agricultural sector is the backbone of many African economies and accounts for around a quarter of the continents economic output. But still, in many parts of the continent local production cannot keep up with the continued population growth. Disruptions in the agricultural supply and value chains due to the covid-19 pandemic and the war in Ukraine lead to surging food prices and shortages in many parts of the continent. With the prospect of deteriorating effects of climate change and ongoing weather extremes, the modernization of African agriculture and agri-food systems seems almost inevitable.
Among other topics we will discuss:
- Smart Farming, Digitalization, and Leapfrogging Opportunities
- The Reduction of Post-Harvest Losses and Value Creation
- How to Encourage Private Sector Investment
The recent program is available via the menue above.
By discussing current developments in agribusiness and highlighting trendsetting projects we want to provide a platform for African and German business people, decision-makers and financial institutions to build partnerships that contribute not only to food security but in addition to value creation and more resilient and sustainable agricultural and economic systems in the long run.
Please access the registration form here.
Conference languages are English and French. Simultaneous translation will be provided in the main event room.
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin!