Afrika-Verein (German-African Business Association) and GAA – German Agribusiness Alliance are pleased to invite you to the
10th German-African Agribusiness Forum
The future of agri-food systems in Africa: innovative approaches to solve current challenges
on January 22nd, 2024,
live event in Berlin
Projections suggest that current population counts in Africa will double until 2050 and continue to grow further after that. And even though Africa is still the continent with the largest amount of unused arable land providing vast potentials in agriculture many countries still depend drastically on foreign food imports. To reduce this dependence and to feed its quickly growing population, new technologies, innovative ideas and practices, as well as reliant partnerships can provide accurate responses for African countries. By exchanging ideas on how to tackle not only food insecurity but also other major global crises of our times – climate change and the loss of biodiversity – we want to show how sustainable agribusiness and good agricultural practice can also be part of the solution to current challenges.
The following African ministers have confirmed their attendance so far:
- Hon. Gaston Dossouhoui, Minister of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries of Benin
- Hon. Fidelis Molao, Minister of Agriculture of Botswana
- Hon. Sidi Tiémoko Touré, Minister for Animal and Fisheries Resources of Côte d’Ivoire
- Hon. Paul Valentin Ngobo, Minister of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries of Rep. Congo
- Hon. Dr Anxious Jongwe Masuka, Minister of Lands, Agriculture, Water and Rural Development of Zimbabwe
- Hon. Mcebisi Skwatsha, Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Land reform and Rural Development of South Africa
Within the framework of our 10th German-African Agribusiness Forum, we will take a review of future-oriented projects that have been tackled in recent years but also look into the future of agriculture in Africa. We want to provide a platform for African and German businesspeople, decision-makers and institutions to build and renew our commitment to partnerships between Germany with the African continent.
Among others, the following topics will be addressed:
- Innovation, AI and Digitalization
- Climate Adaptation and Reduction of Biodiversity Losses
- Education and Training in Agriculture
- The Potentials of Regional Economic Integration
- Role of Youth in Agriculture
The program is available HERE or via the menu above.
We look forward to welcoming you in Berlin!